Monday, December 21, 2015

Tyler Oakley is Talking About Random Stuff

The next 5 chapters talk about random stuff, that Tyler decided to put for fun . He tell us 20 things he would do if he were to be Beyonce for a day like for example sass people on Twitter or polish her Grammy's. I thought that chapter was so funny because i never thought that on a book about a life of someone I would find a chapter like this. There was another chapter called "Unnecessary Holiday Traditions" about why we have holidays we really don't need like St. Patricks Day or Columbus Day. The chapter was particularly funny because I actually agreed in some of them. These type of chapters is what make the book unique and Im sure that you will not find these random funny topics in any other book and the interesting thing is that its not jut the topics that are funny but the way in which he talks about them with so much energy.

             When you read those random chapters



    
"But he turned out to be great. Sure, we had our differences, but he respected me and my lifestyle, as I did his." (Oakley,126)


      The quote is from a chapter in which he talks about his first serious relationship and how it got all ruined but still he doesn't regret it happened. I didn't picked the quote because of the context it was used for but because I think is very important to accept differences. I really think the quote is saying that even though they were different they accepted each other and they loved each other and I think that is a wonderful thing.
     

  "I'm young, and I don't have all the answers. I'll probably make a ton of mistakes before i figure it out." (Oakley,177)


      This is quote was in a 2 page long chapter in which he talks about how he always fell in love with the wrong person.He also mentions that he it grateful that he did because that helped him learn from his mistakes and that without him being in those situations he would probably had to go through so much worse. I really like the quote fist of all because it says that he would probably do it again and if he does he is going to learn from it, and I also like that I am sure that the quote is not just referring about love but about everything in life.

      This part of the book was incredible because of those random things. I loved how he incorporated those chapters and i think the reason i loved them so much was because with the majority of the things to do if he was Beyonce or the unnecessary holidays I pretty much agreed to most of them, they were so accurate of what  everyone thinks but don't say. Reading those chapters made me think that i was watching one his videos because most of his videos are talking about random things like this. Those chapters are the ones that make you realise you are reading a book by Tyler Oakley.

No comments:

Post a Comment